Sunday, March 14, 2010

Update

Wow, I can't believe it's been almost a month since I've blogged! I guess not much has changed. I'm still NOT smoking, and still working out and eating healthy (for the most part). I've been forgetting to take my Chantix sometimes, but haven't really noticed a difference when I forget and when I take it. I'd like to stop taking it, but I really want this Quit to work, and I've read that if you don't take it the whole 90 days, you have a greater chance of relapse. I just got my last Continuing Month pack from the Pharmacy, and will continue to take it twice a day, assuming I remember to. I still think about smoking almost daily, but it's not like I really want one, just thinking about what it would be like to have one. I've heard that the urge doesn't really go away, which is hard, but it feels so much better to watch the urge pass unfulfilled.

I am going on vacation in a week, which will be an interesting test. I won't smoke, but I will be around smokers more than I have been since I quit, which will be a challenge. I will try to eat as healthy as possible, but unfortunately, down South, they like their food fried! I will probably be walking more than usual, which is good, and I will try to make it to the gym at least once while I am down there. But I know that it is a vacation, and I have to let myself indulge, as long as I can get back on track when I get back home. Everything has been crazy lately, and it will really be nice to get to SC and unwind in true Southern style. I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment