Thursday, February 4, 2010

2 Week Mark!

It's been almost exactly two weeks since I smoked my LAST cigarette! Sometimes it seems like it was just yesterday, and sometimes it seems like it's been forever. Most of the time, when I can just avoid thinking about it, it's not so hard. But sometimes, when I'm bored at home, it can be very frustrating! I need to come up with new ways to distract myself, things that I did not use to do while smoking. I've been slacking on my diet a little bit too. I'm still within my points, but I've been snacking a LOT more. For the most part, it's been healthy snacks, but sometimes I choose not so healthy snacks. I think indulging in candy occasionally is my way of rewarding myself for not smoking, which is not necessarily a bad thing. In the long run, an unhealthy snack here or there is much better than continuing to smoke! I haven't made it to the gym as much as I'd like, but there is always room to improve there. Overall, I'd say quitting has been much easier than I had expected to be (mostly because of the Chantix, I'm sure), but the urges are a bitch! Not fun. At least it makes me realize that I can't EVER start smoking again because it SUCKS to quit!

No comments:

Post a Comment