Friday, February 12, 2010

3 Weeks Down, Forever to Go

Now that I have 3 weeks under my belt, I am starting to feel like more of an 'ex' smoker. They say it takes 3 weeks to make or break a habit (who are 'they'??) so I guess I've broken the habit. I definitely still think about smoking at least once a day, and when I see packs of cigarettes in the store, it makes me a little sad to know that I won't ever be buying that blue and white pack of Parliaments again. Sometimes I remind myself that those little packs were costing me a lot of money, and were soo not worth it.

I still don't feel any different. My lungs don't feel clearer, my sinuses are still kind of stuffy (even with my neti pot!), I still have dark circles under my eyes. I'm still slowly noticing the taste buds reviving themselves. And I definitely can tell my sense of smell has improved. The air fresheners in my house and car are a welcomed joy! I've also been using my Juicy perfume regularly, since it's not going to be wasted just to cover up the smell of smoke.

I've been doing pretty well on the Weight Watchers plan too. I lost 1.2 lbs at Weigh In last week, but only .2 this week. Oh well, a loss is a loss, at least it's not a gain! I've been going to the gym at least every Wednesday, and sometimes I'll go a second day. I really need to get to the point where I'm going at least 3 times a week. This past week, I went on Monday, and struggled to stay on the elliptical for even just 20 minutes, and the bike for 10. But Wednesday, with my gym buddy, E, I was able to run for 28 minutes (at a pretty high intensity), and 20 min on the bike! On top of that, I've been doing weight machines and crunches. I am kind of starting to notice a difference when I look in the mirror.

I'm trying to cook more and eat out less, and I think that has been pretty successful. Except that twice this week, I forgot my packed lunch at home, oops. I've been eating dinner at home during the week, and MOST days I pack lunch, saving my dining out occasions for the weekends.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with how I've been doing, but I definitely see room for improvements.

No comments:

Post a Comment