Saturday, January 23, 2010

Day 2

Yesterday went well for the most part. I did have a mini-meltdown around 9 pm, the 24 hour mark. Luckily, my boyfriend has been really supportive, and that helps a LOT. We ended up going out to a bar to see a friend of mine play, and OF COURSE there was a Camel girl walking around passing out free packs of cigarettes. She asked us twice if we were smokers. I guess I consider myself a "recovering" smoker right now, on my way to being an "ex-smoker."

Today has been okay for the most part. There have been a couple of times where I just really felt like I wanted a cigarette, and it can be pretty frustrating. But I know that feeling will pass, and I think the Chantix makes it much easier to help the urge pass. I don't feel any different yet, but supposedly, after 48 hours smoke free, the senses of taste and smell return, and I am very excited about that! I bet I will not be as tolerant of spicy foods as I thought I was! The nicotine is out of your system at 72 hours, so I don't know if it will get better or worse at that point. I guess we will see.

2 comments:

  1. I saw that girl and wondered if she was still there when you guys arrived. Thanks for coming out. You should have stayed longer to hear the Uncle Kracker.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you guys really play Uncle Kracker? I thought you didn't learn it! We would've stayed longer, but I might have punched that Camel girl in the face if she asked us one more time if we were smokers.

    ReplyDelete