Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Frustrated

Yesterday was a hard day. I was in a bad mood for most of the day, and had another mini-meltdown on the drive home. I considered going to a yoga class after work, but I ended up just staying home and watching a movie. I think its okay to indulge in laziness once in awhile. I'm definitely hitting the gym tonight though.

I think I am getting a little frustrated now. I'm not exactly sure what I expected to happen when I quit, but I am surprised that I feel exactly the same. I mean, I know it will take time for my body to heal itself, since I've spent so many years destroying it, but I guess I was hoping for immediate gratification. I've heard people say they got a sore throat and cough when they quit, and I haven't really experienced any of that. Not that I want to, necessarily, but it would at least be something to show me that my body has started the healing process.

I pretty much only get the urge to smoke once a day, and surprisingly, it's not even in the morning! Usually it's after work or after dinner. I've been chewing a lot of gum and eating a lot of carrot sticks, and brushing my teeth a lot (which I'm sure my mom is proud of!). I really have not had a single desire to go to the store and buy a pack of cigarettes. I've thought about what it would be like to take a puff off of someone else's, or bum one from them, but I haven't really been around any smokers for that to even be a possibility. And I don't think I would want to reset my quit meter for a single cigarette, it's simply not worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment