Friday, January 22, 2010

Quit Day

So today is my Quit Day, and it's going pretty well. I can only hope it continues to go well. I was fine on the drive to work this morning, and fine at lunch when I drove to get food. I was really worried about the 'trigger' of driving, but I've found that if I turn on some good music and sing along, I hardly think about smoking. I'm a little bit surprised, but pleased, with myself. It helps to read about it on the Internet I think, because it keeps me thinking about only the negative aspects. It really hasn't been as hard as I thought it would be. At work, someone asked me if I had a lighter, to light birthday candles on a cake. It was the first time in my life that I could say no, I quit smoking. I did track down some matches for him to use, but just being able to say no when he asked was a great feeling. I have driven by several gas stations today, and did not once have the urge to stop and buy cigarettes. I'm sure the Chantix is helping, but I think a lot of it is that I am finally ready to quit. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment