Monday, January 25, 2010

Passing the 4 day mark

Day 4 and still going strong. For the most part it's been okay, but sometimes I get really frustrated. I don't feel like I'm about to break down and smoke, but more like I just want to throw a temper tantrum! Like a little kid at the toy store whose parents won't buy her what she wants. And let me tell you, I was a pretty spoiled child and it is not easy for me not to get what I want! I am trying to stay busy, so it's a good thing there is enough to clean at my apartment to keep me busy for at least a month.

I haven't had too many side effects from the Chantix. Still vivid dreams, and sometimes nausea. I've noticed I've been really tired lately, but I'm not sure if that is from the drug or the nicotine withdrawal. I fall asleep almost as soon as I hit the pillow, but usually, it's always taken me awhile to fall sleep. Now I find that I can't even really read before I go to sleep, which kinda sucks because I love to read, and that is really the only time I get to read!

I filled my house and car with air fresheners, and I can actually smell them now! It used to smell like fragrance over cigarette smoke, but now it just smells clean! I just need to keep focusing on the positives, and keeping myself occupied, and it will continue to get easier.

1 comment: